Charles Owen EQx Kylo MIPS Riding Helmet
The NEW pioneering dial-fit helmet from EQx by Charles Owen. The Charles Owen EQx Kylo MIPS Riding Helmet exudes quality, style and comfort with an easy-to-fit precision dial-fit system. Complete with a removable washable headband. Certified to three international safety standards. Optional MIPS technology available to protect you with the very best in helmet safety.
- Dial-adjustable precision fit
- Flexible peak
- Extensive ventilation to maximise cooling
- Fully adjustable, leather-look harness
- Quick-release harness buckle
- Machine washable wicking fabric removable headband
- MIPS protection
- Available in both standard and wide peak in all sizes
- FSC sustainably sourced and recycled packaging
- ASTM F1163-15, PAS015:2011, VG1 01-040 2014-12
What is MIPS?
MIPS is an additional liner that is incorporated inside the riding helmet.
This low-friction layer enables your head to move 10-15mm in all directions, which has been proven to reduce the rotational movement to the brain and therefore injury (particularly concussion and traumatic brain injury).
The core idea behind MIPS is to simulate and enhance the brain’s own protection system, which uses the same principle of the brain being able to slide a little bit against the skull.
- Small: 52-55cm
- Medium: 55-58cm
- Large: 58-61cm
Shells are universal and will fit both round and oval-shaped heads.
Color: Black Gloss